If you want to help animals in our community, you may want to volunteer at the SVACA Animal Care Center. We always need dedicated individuals who love animals and want to make a difference. You can do this by helping us achieve our goal of saving all healthy and treatable animals. You can also help us see to it that all of our animals receive the highest quality of care possible.
Volunteers are asked to take their commitment seriously. If you are 18 years of age or older, you may socialize and exercise the animals at our center. If you are 13-17 years old, you may socialize and exercise animals as long as you partner with a parent or legal guardian at all times. For the safety of our animals and volunteers, only one parent may volunteer with one minor per shift. Young people under the age of 13 cannot work directly with animals but other volunteer opportunities may exist through the Friends of SVACA.
- Represent SVACA in a professional and positive manner, while being respectful and courteous to the public and staff;
- Commit to at least two hours a week for 6 months and keep to a schedule;
- Wear a t-shirt or apron while volunteering;
- Follow our safety and security rules;
- Agree in concept with the mission statement of SVACA.
All volunteers must first attend an orientation at our Animal Care Center.
Please note that if you are 13-17 years of age, a parent or guardian that will be volunteering with you must also register to become a volunteer and attend the orientation.
There is a $35 volunteer fee which includes a t-shirt and training materials.
Next orientation: Saturday, June 29 from 10:00 - 11:30 a.m.
Registration is FULL for May 29 class.
NOTE: Classes fill up quickly. Filling out an application does NOT
automatically register you for class. You will receive a confirmation email.
Here are just a few of the opportunities we offer.
- Cat Volunteer: Exercise, groom, and socialize adoptable cats.
- Dog Volunteer: Train, exercise and groom adoptable dogs.
- Education Docent: Give group presentations on animal care and welfare to students, clubs, etc.
- Small Animal Volunteer: Care for and keep our rabbits and other small animals happy and healthy.
- Special Events: Help us organize, schedule, set-up, and table at community events.
Active volunteers, please log-in. Please note this is for active volunteers only. You cannot access the log-in page if you have not received a profile from staff. Please reference the How? section above if you are interested in becoming a volunteer.